At Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines we attach great importance to protecting the personal data we collect. We handle and secure these data with the utmost care, in accordance with the applicable legislation in Belgium (These are the Law of December 8, 1992 on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data (Privacy Law) and the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR)).
We make every effort to protect the personal data provided to us from loss, destruction, disclosure, unauthorized access or improper use. In this privacy statement, we explain who we are, when and why we need your personal data, which data we collect, how and for how long we process them, to whom we may transfer them, what your rights are and how you can exercise.
This privacy statement is for you if you:
- are a contact person at one of our (potential) clients, customers or are a contact person at one of our (potential) clients, customers or customers of one or more services provided by Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines;
- are a contact person at one of our (potential) suppliers;
- you are an external consultant or a contact person at one of our external audit or consulting companies;
- a contact person who has been given as a reference by applicants in the in the context of an application for a vacancy at Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines;
- a contact person at any institution (company, government, professional federation of employers or employers or employees, school, university, partner, … ) with which we (wish to) establish a form with which we (wish to) establish or maintain a form of contact or collaboration and from which we collect collect personal data.
If you choose to provide us with information voluntarily, we will use this information in accordance with this privacy statement.
1. Who are we?
Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines bv with its registered office at Puursesteenweg 327 bus 1, 2880 Bornem and KBO number: 0830 089 871 responsible for the processing of your personal data (Controller within the meaning of the GDPR).
2. When do we collect your personal data?
We collect your data as soon as you transmit it to us yourself. This can be done by e-mail, text message, verbally (by telephone, at a Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines office, during a visit to your company, at an event, training course, etc.), by handing over your business card or by any other means.
This also happens when you are registered with us by your company or organization as a contact person for our services.
We can also collect your data if they have been made publicly accessible or if you have made them public yourself on public/social media (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn) and this would indicate that you are the right contact for us to enter into discussion with in the context of our services.
3. Why do we need your personal data?
We collect your personal data for the purposes listed below and will not use your data for any other purposes without your consent.
We will not use this data for any other purpose without informing you in advance and, if necessary, obtaining your consent.
We use your data for the presentation and execution of our services to you or your company or organization, for the presentation and elaboration of joint projects, partnerships, for the advocacy of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines or in the context of your services as a supplier or consultant.
More specifically, we use your personal data to, where appropriate:
1. provide you with information about the services and other activities of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines and to better tailor these to your needs and wishes or those of your company;
2. to establish a business relationship with you or your company, to conclude and maintain a service agreement and to enable its execution;
3. to approach you for commercial offers, newsletters, events, workshops and other promotions/marketing actions of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines that may be of interest to you;
4. to be able to contact you for reference purposes and to assess the profile and suitability of a candidate who has given us permission to contact you for this purpose;
5. to be able to contact you in your function at a public institution (government, professional federation, official bodies,…) to promote the interests of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines;
6. monitor and measure the quality of our services. To this end, we, or a third party designated by us for this purpose, ask you to participate in surveys, and use and process the information obtained in order to improve;
7. ensure corporate security. For this purpose, we may, among other things, verify your identity upon entry into our offices. We may also monitor activity on our systems in order to prevent the misuse of information held in our databases and protect our interests and the interests of all persons contained in our databases;
8. meet management objectives including providing you with management information, performing internal controls to prevent fraud, and conducting (internal/external) audits and controls;
9. to allow you to exercise your rights (see below) and to demonstrate afterwards that we have complied with these rights. We use and process your personal data, according to the type of processing, on the basis of:
10. our (pre)contractual relationship and all related legal obligations of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines: when we negotiate or conclude an agreement with you or with your company or organization, we need from you or from the persons of your company or organization involved in this, a number of data in order to be able to submit and discuss an appropriate offer, to prepare, draw up and then correctly execute this agreement. If you do not want your personal data to be processed in this context, it will not be possible for us to enter into or perform the service.
11. the legitimate interests of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines or a third party: if necessary, we use your data to satisfy the legitimate interests of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines or a third party. This may be done, for example, to offer and promote any services and/or informational messages that are in line with what you can reasonably expect to receive from us in the context of our existing or possibly future relationship. It may also be done for access controls or internal controls and audits to ensure the security and continuity of our systems and businesses. This legitimate interest is also present when we need to keep your data in the context of establishing, exercising or substantiating any legal claim.
4. What personal data do we process from you?
We primarily process your personal data that is necessary for the proper execution of our services:
- your name and first name;
- your position (title), your professional address and your professional contact details (telephone or cell phone number);
- e-mail address;
Additional information (e.g. preferred language, work department, …) is not always necessary but may be may be desirable in the context of developing our business relationship or in order to improve our our services and our commercial actions to better match your interests wishes and needs.
Other data are completely optional and are intended exclusively to maintain a good personal relationship with you (e.g. date of your birthday, your hobbies, …). If you choose to share these types of personal data with us, we may process them in our database.
You should always notify us as soon as possible of any changes to your personal data. as soon as possible.
5. With whom do we share your personal data?
Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines may only share certain of your personal data if it is necessary to achieve the objectives stated under article 3, to perform the agreement between us, to comply with a statutory obligation (of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines or a third party) or to protect a legitimate interest (of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines or a third party):
1. to the company Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines in Belgium, for, among other things:
- the achievement of the objectives of our business relationship;
- promotions and marketing actions in the context of our services;
- management information;
- internal audits;
- internal services;
- screening of individuals in the context of European financial sanctions legislation (terrorist financing);
2. to job applicants, candidates, for purposes including:
- appointments regarding job interviews;
- appointments in the context of start-up and execution of their tasks;
3. to subcontractors and suppliers of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines, for amongst other things:
- providing services or performing tasks and assignments in the name of and on behalf of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines (e.g. IT providers, cloud providers, research firms, access security, …);
- providing services to Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines in the framework of employment (e.g. external medical prevention services, …);
4. to our auditors, audit and certification firms, for among other things:
- auditing our financial statements;
- obtaining and maintaining certain certifications;
- auditing of subsidy files (e.g., European Social Fund);
5. to various governmental agencies in the context of inspections and investigations, including more:
- federal and regional inspection services and accreditation bodies;
- social security authorities;
- fiscal authorities;
6. to any other third party where we are required to do so by law, court order or judgment.
Your personal data will not be sold, rented or made commercially available by Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines to third parties, except with your prior consent.
In the development of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines’s business, Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines may sell activities or assets. In the event of a sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, your personal data and other information may be part of the transferred assets.
When our suppliers process your personal data on behalf of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines, they act as processors as stipulated in the GDPR. We conclude a processing agreement with these processors and make every effort to ensure that they adequately secure your personal data.
Your personal data may in certain cases be transferred outside Belgium and outside the European Union. In this case Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines will take the necessary contractual and technical security measures to ensure that any personal data transferred is adequately protected against loss or unlawful processing. For further questions about this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data is kept for the time necessary for the execution of the objectives as described in article 3 and for compliance with our legal obligations.
7. Security measures
Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines does its utmost to optimally secure your personal data against unlawful use. We do this by means of physical, administrative and technological measures.
For example: only authorized persons are given access to our offices and our systems and access is limited to the systems they need for professional reasons.. These persons must be aware of our internal policy on privacy and data protection and apply it correctly. To the extent that data is provided to third parties, Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines agrees with these third parties that they will also provide optimum security for the personal data.
8. What are your rights?
Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines processes your personal data in accordance with the provisions of this privacy statement. As an involved party you have a number of rights that you can exercise at any time.
You can exercise the following rights:
Right to object
You can object to the processing of your personal data, this can only be done against processing that is based on the legitimate interests of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines or a third party (see above in article 3). When exercising this right you will have to indicate by e-mail exactly which processing you are objecting to and for which specific reasons. This is necessary in order to be able to carry out a correct balancing of interests.
Objection to the use of your e-mail address for newsletters, promotions and marketing actions of Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines, you can very easily exercise yourself. In every e-mail you receive from us in this regard, you always have the option to unsubscribe.
Right of inspection
You can ask for an answer about the processing of your personal data. If this is the case, you can request the following information: the processing purposes, the categories of personal data that we hold about you, the categories of recipients thereof (third countries or international organizations), the retention periods or the criteria for determining them, your other rights, other sources of origin of your data and the existence of automated decision-making. In providing this information, we must always take into account the rights and freedoms of other persons.
Right to rectification (correction and addition)
You can request that any (personal) data that you believe to be incorrect or incomplete be corrected or supplemented.
When exercising this right you will have to indicate in the form specify which data exactly you want to correct or supplement.
Right to transferability
You are entitled to have the personal data you have provided to Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines transferred by Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines in electronic form to yourself (using the e-mail address you enter in your request form) or to another person designated by you as responsible for processing the data (using the e-mail address you enter in your request form).
Right to data erasure (oblivion)
In the cases foreseen by the GDPR, we will proceed, at your request, to erase of your personal data.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted when:
- you dispute the accuracy of your personal data (for the duration of the verification by Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines).
- the processing of your personal data by Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines would be unlawful, yet you do not wish to invoke your right to data erasure.
- we do not need your personal data anymore for the purposes in this privacy statement (article 3), but you still need them for the purposes of establishing, exercising or substantiating a legal claim.
- you have objected to the processing of certain of your personal data (for the duration of the balancing of interests). In principle you can exercise your rights free of charge. You can do so by sending an email to email@example.com. At the latest within one month after receipt of your e-mail, we will inform you in writing of the action we have taken on your request. Depending on the difficulty of your request or the number of requests that we also receive from other persons, this deadline may be extended by two months. In this case we will inform you of this extension within one month after receipt of your form. In some cases (e.g. legal obligations, rights of other persons, limitation periods, etc.) you may not be able to exercise your rights fully or at all. You will then be informed of the reasons why we cannot or cannot fully satisfy your request.
10. Questions, comments, complaints and data leaks
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about the protection of your personal data by Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines or about this privacy statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Heeft u weet van een datalek, of heeft u een vermoeden van een datalek, dan vragen wij u om dit steeds onmiddellijk aan ons door te geven via een e-mail naar email@example.com.
You also have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (DPA), at the following address: Rue du Printing 35, 1000 Brussels. If you are aware of a data breach, or suspect one, please notify us immediately by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vertongen Houtbewerkingsmachines may make improvements, additions or changes to this privacy statement for various reasons. The most current version can be viewed on our website at all times.
This version is dated May 2021.